Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day


I had a really nice Mother's Day! Right when I woke up the girls said "Happy Mother's Day!" and showed me the gifts they got me. Kayla made some things at school; a card in the shape of the word MOM, some stationary with little thumb print ladybugs in the corner of the paper and some coupons for free hugs and kisses. And then from both Kayla and Samantha, they got me some chocolate covered Oreo's in a cute little box. They were so yummy! Then Jake got me a hanging flower plant that I ended up hanging outside in our back yard. It makes my back patio look more homey I loved all my gifts! It really made me feel appreciated and loved! Jake wanted to make me breakfast but he wasn't feeling to good, so hopefully he'll make it up to me next Sunday! :) Then we went to church and the young men and young women handed out big yummy chocolate bars.
After church my mom, stepdad and grandmother came over for dinner. We had steaks, baked potatoes, and vegies, the steaks were awesome! And then later dessert was a stawberry cake with ice cream! YUM! We had a really nice time and I am so thankful to have such a caring and loving mother! I appreciate everything she has taught me and done for me. And I'm so thankful to have 2 beautiful daughters who bring such joy in my life! I feel so lucky to have such good sweet girls! (picture below is from 2 years ago, I forgot to get a picture of just me and the girls on Sunday but I really like this one anyways.)

2 comments:

Brent and Haley said...

Your daughters look so much like you! You have an adorable family! I'm so glad you had a wonderful mother's day!

Rob N Amy said...

That is so scary about Jake's job. We will be praying for you. I hope everything works out.