Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New addition to our home/Valentines Day

I know its been awhile since I blogged but life just keeps me so busy that its so hard for me to find the time. Or there were times where I just didn't feel in the mood. I'm probably just making excuses. I want to blog more, really I do, so its my goal to find time everyday or almost everyday to blog about my kids, husband or anything else that happens in our lives.

Just this past Saturday we made a big purchase, which is something we hardly ever do! But we just couldn't pass up this great deal. We've been wanting to get a big screen tv for the longest time but never could afford over a thousand dollars to buy one. Jake found out last week from a friend at work that Costco had a 42" tv on sale for 700 dollars! So we went to check it out, when we got there we said we have to get this or we will never get one. When we talked to the sales clerk we found out that there was a coupon for 100 dollars off on this tv! So we ended up paying just a little over 600 dollars for a Vizio 42" tv! We just love it! Although it sticks out on the sides a little but thats ok, maybe next year we can buy a new entertainment center to fit it in.

Before...

After!

These are the roses Jake got me for Valentines Day, aren't they beautiful! We got a babysitter from our ward to watch the girls and then we went to a Valentines party that was hosted by someone in our ward. There was lots of good food, cute decorations and lots of fun people to visit with. After about a hour we left and went to see a movie. We had no plan as to what movie we were going to watch, we just hoped there was a good one available starting soon. We agreed to seeing "Push" with Dakota Fanning, it wasn't too bad. Then we headed back home. It was really nice to go out with my honey which we don't get to do very often.

6 comments:

Mama J said...

Yeah... You do need to blog a little more often! Heck, if you dont have anything to write about, just make it up! I Love reading your blog!!!

I wont let Dan see that TV though! He wants one SO BAD!!

Kirsten said...

what a fabulous deal on that TV! you missed the best part of the night at the party... the newlywed game was pretty fun. we were laughing pretty hard.

Rob N Amy said...

What a cool tv! Bob Really really really wants one. So jealous. what a killer deal!

Melissa Braegger said...

Congrats on the new TV it looks great and I'm sure you all love it. Don't feel too bad about not blogging very often-I have not blogged in quite a while either. Life just happens:)

Tami Ray said...

Cool TV! Where was that when we were there the other day watching Spounge Bob? LOL

Mike, Amy and Kids said...

That is a Great Deal!!! I agree I love to see your blog, so keep it up... love the background too...