Monday, March 9, 2009

Discovery Park

Last week we went to Discovery Park for family home evening. Jake flew his radio control plane which he built and the girls rode their bike and scooter up and down the grassy hills. We also had a lot of fun at the playground, its not that big of a playground but the kids still like it. They like to climb the rock formation, which really isn't that hard to climb but it makes them feel good like they've climbed Mt. Everest!
This park is actually just across the street from where our new Temple will be built! We will only be like 2 minutes away from the Temple, we are so excited!

Here's the plane Jake flew, he built it himself out of foam. Its not completed in this picture but I just wanted to show a up close picture of it. I'm so impressed that he built a plane out of foam with a little motor attached to it! And it flys fast!



Jake flying his plane.




3 comments:

McKinley's said...

He might like my info on Fantastic Fliers on my other blog.
http://ourhomeschoolhangout.blogspot.com/

Melissa Braegger said...

That is so cool that your husband built that. My husband has been dying for one of those for quite some time. That park is so nice but I don't understand why the playground is so small. Atleast your girls seem to enjoy it anyway:)

Rob N Amy said...

There is a discovery park in Cedar City and I got so confused as to who's blog I was reading. We love the discovery part there. I am so excited about the new temple because I will soon be living there and I hope it will also be close to us.