Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Easter Fun

So after being in the rain Saturday morning, we came home and changed the girls into some dry clothes and continued our Easter fun. We started with making Easter cookies. The girls always love to help make cookies for all the major holidays like Christmas, Halloween and Easter. We made little bunnies, butterflys, carrots and egg shaped ones. But we didn't frost any of them even though I made the frosting. I had to work later that day so I didn't have time to help the girls decorate them so the frosting is in the frig and the cookies are sitting on the counter. And no one is really eating the cookies because of all the candy we have! Oh well. Then the girls colored eggs which was fun!

Easter morning the girls woke up to their Easter baskets, actually they had to find them. Jake said thats what the Easter bunny did when he was a kid, so I thought it was a good idea to try on our kids. They liked that!

Then we did a little egg hunt in the house where they found eggs filled with fruit snacks, fruit rollups and money. They liked the money! I was only able to get Samantha a Easter dress this year which I bought months ago. I couldn't find a dress I liked for Kayla that was in my price range so she just wore something she already had. Oh well, it doesn't really matter if they don't get a new dress every Easter. I tried to take some pictures of them before church but all I could get was Samantha. But later I got Kayla when we went over to my moms house.
Samantha is holding her new ally cat Webkinz that she bought with her own money. When I look at this picture, it just amazes me how much she has grown! She loves to pose like this, what a cutie-pie!


Kayla also bought a ally cat Webkinz. She looks so pretty is this dress!

After church we headed over to my mom's house in Phoenix where they had another egg hunt in their backyard. It was us with my mom, stepdad Jerry and my grandma. We had a lot of fun watching the girls hunt for eggs!




2 comments:

Rob N Amy said...

Easter Egg hunts are so fun. They should have an adult easter egg hunt. I would totally do it. It would probably get pretty violent.

The Brent Robles Family said...

Kayla and Samantha look so beautiful!! Sounds like you had a fun Easter:)
-Emilee