Monday, April 6, 2009

Mesa Cannery

Today I went to the Mesa Cannery for the first time and had a lot of fun! It felt really good to be canning your own food that will help feed your family. There were probably about 20 of us there and we canned about 200 or more cans in less than a hour! I don't know if thats normal since it was my first time but I thought we'd be there longer. I even saw Jake's uncle Gary there working by the silos. It was funny because when I went up to him, he couldn't remember who I was. As soon as I told him, I think he felt a little embarrassed but that's ok, I probably looked really different with my hair pulled back and sunglasses on. LOL It was a really neat experience and I'm looking forward to the next time I can go!

1 comments:

Rob N Amy said...

I went to a cannery there once and canned spaghetti sauce. It was so much fun. I felt like lavern and shirley putting to lids on the jars as they sped through on the conveyor belt.