Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Las Vegas trip

I know its been so long since I've posted anything lately, just didn't seem like there was anything that great to post. But there's been some things that have happened that I'd like to share so I will be posting a lot this week. I'm gonna be going backwards starting with our trip to Las Vegas last week.

That night we went over to my brother's house for dinner. My brother Cliff met his wife Deise in Brazil where he used to live. They have a son Michael who is 8 yrs old.

The kids being silly! They had a lot of fun together!This is the coolest park I've ever been too! We went to this park down the street from Jake's sister's house on Friday morning. It has really cool slides and things to climb on but unfortunetly it was closed off. :( But we still had fun because there was another playground nearby. These giant flowers were everywhere! Thats the girls with their cousins below this flower. Just over that hill is the other playground where the kids played.Kayla and Samantha sitting on top of a giant snake. They also had a giant lizard, turtle and aligator. The playset was pretty cool too!Then Friday night we went down to the strip and looked at some of the hotels. We looked at the Luxor, Excalibar, New York New York, MGM Grand, The Bellagio fountatin show, M&M Factory(awesome store), and The Forum shops. We didn't get to see everything we wanted to see but there's always next time.
Here are the lions at the MGM Grand. They were kinda boring cuz all they did was lay there. But the kids had fun seeing them up close, they were lying on top of glass bridge where you walk through a tunnel and look up at them.

Here's Kayla in front of the M&M's at the M&M factory. The store has almost everything you can think with M&M on it. I love this store!

Here we are in front of the big water fountain just outside of The Forum Shops. We weren't able to spend a lot of time in there because the kids and Jake were getting to tired. What wimps, I could of gone on another couple of hours. lol
On Saturday we went on Cliff's boat at the lake. It was so much fun! We went tubing and Jake and I tried wake boarding but we didn't have much luck with that. This was the girls first time on a boat and they loved it! Cliff's boat goes so fast and it was so funny to watch the kids reaction when he would speed up or turn a tight corner going 50 mph!
We went over to the Dam as you can see. This lake is so freakin huge! We were out for hours and seemed like we saw the whole lake but we only saw about half of it!

3 comments:

McKinley's said...

So nice to hear from you! Sounds like an excellent trip!!!

Brent and Haley said...

What a great trip! I don't remember Cliff from when we were kids. It's great to see who your other brother is. It sounds like he has an awesome boat! It's been a few years since the boys and I have cruised on the lake. I miss it!

Rob N Amy said...

I have heard that lake mead is the biggest man made lake. It is so huge. I don't know why, but every time I see your girls they look so much older. I have never been to the m&m factory. It looks so cool. It makes me crave chocolate.