Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Joy School

Samantha started Joy School this week! For those of you who may not know what Joy School is its a do-it-yourself preschool which involves from 3 to 6 mothers who rotate as teacher, holding school in their homes twice a week. A lady I just met like 3 weeks ago at church told me that she and 2 other ladies from our ward were doing this with their daughters. I had told her that Samantha wasn't in preschool cuz I couldn't afford it. So she invited me and Samantha to join! Oh I was so happy and excited! I had never heard of Joy School so its been an intersting thing to learn about. So Samantha just got done with her first week and she absolutely loved it! The other ladies are so nice and I am just so thankful that Samantha is a part of this because I felt like I wasn't teaching her enough of the things she needs to know for kindergarten. And plus it will help with her social skills. She can be really out going and funny but she can also be really shy. The only social life she has is once in a while with some neighbor kids, primary and the library once a week. So preschool will be so good for her in so many ways! And I'm also excited to teach these little girls...and a little nervous. Luckily one of the ladies used to be a preschool teacher and has a lot of ideas and materials to use. We start again Jan 5th when kids go back to school. I wish I had thought of taking pictures today at preschool so I took pictures after we got home.
Samantha working on the letter I, they learn about a new letter every week. You can see she didn't want her picture taken. I don't know why cuz she usually likes to have her picture taken.

Luckily I was able to get another one with the crafts she made today. The theme was island like Hawaii. So they made a island, turtle and grass skirt. The grass skirt is really cute, its made out of different colored streamers!

3 comments:

Mama J said...

Ahhh Pre-school is a LIFE savor! Its nice to share the responsibility with other moms too!

Rob N Amy said...

She looks so much bigger than a preschooler. That is a good idea. Maybe I can get in on it when we move to mesa or gilbert in June.

Lacey said...

Pre-school is so much fun for Elodie! I'm glad Samantha gets to do it too. And awesome bonus that it is FREE!

Hope you guys have a great Christmas holiday!