Monday, January 12, 2009

Safford Trip part 2

While we were visiting Safford, we took a little trip down memory lane. We first visited all the places we lived in. In the 9 years that we lived in Safford/Thatcher, we lived in 6 houses/apts. This was our house before we moved to Phoenix 4 years ago. We lived in it for about 2 years. We think back and wonder why did we move here, because the neighborhood was kinda trashy, it was in a flood zone (which a couple of times there was a flood that came through our back yard but thank goodness it didn't flood our house) and it was far out of town. But other than all that we enjoyed the ward and living close to Jake's family.

This tiny house(we call it the closet because its so small) is the 3rd place we lived in. Its in Thatcher and we moved here to save money and because Jake was going to EA so it was nice to be closer. It was about a year or so before we had Kayla. It was a one bedroom house with a small kitchen and living room. Jake built a little storage room under the driveway to store all of junk. Again I don't know what we were thinking! It was cramped, everything was old and needed repairing. We'd get a lot of cockroaches coming in and it was cramped. Did I mention it was CRAMPED! Ah, the stupid things you do to save money!

The beautiful place was our first home. Isn't it lovely! Its a duplex and ours was the one on the left. When we were engaged we hardly had any money so this little gem was the cheapest we could find. We had no electricity our first night and being married in January, it gets a little cold. We had all sorts of problems with the plumbing and heater. We moved out a month later.

After the tour of our old homes, we drove around Eastern Arizona College where Jake and I went to school. Here is middle campus. These buildings weren't there when we were going, it was just a sidewalk and a bunch of trees.

Here I am peaking in the window of my old dorm called Nellie Lee. It was a all girls dorm, thats where I had some really awesome friends. It looked a little different inside like where the security person sits, its now a small room with a window. The tv/game room window I'm looking in was about the same. It brought back A LOT of memories!

Here I am in front of the my dorm. Its really small compared to the others on campus. To the left of it used to be a Archaelogy building but now its a 3 story dormitory.

Here's the backside of Nellie Lee along with the really tall dorms next to it.

Here is the Auditorium on south campus.

Here I am at north campus next to the big sign. It was fun to see how much EA had changed and to remember all the fun times I had there.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

oh my heavens. Those last two little houses leave me at a loss for words. I was looking at the last one asking myself, why does that little house have two front doors?

Brent and Haley said...

I can't believe you lived in two of those homes! Are they condemmed!!!! :) You are right, you do what you can do to get by while you are getting your education. Its fun to go down memory lane.

Tami Ray said...

Ahh I miss EA! We had so much fun! I enjoyed those pictures, I remember most of those places.