Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kayla's 9th Birthday

Kayla's birthday was Sunday July 19th where she turned 9 years old! We decided not to do a birthday party with lots of friends and activities since money is tight right now. So I said she could have one friend over for all day and a sleepover. So Saturday the 18th she had her friend Emelia come over. We went swimming at this really cool public pool in Chandler called Mesquite Groves. Then we came home relaxed, played for a few hours before dinner. For dinner we ate pizza. Then went to see the movie "Up" at the theater. It was a cute movie, we all enjoyed it.


Emelia gave Kayla this dragon Webkinz for her birthday.

After the movie we came home and the girls built a fort with Jake's help.


Later they ate some ice cream, played on the computer and by 11pm it was time for bed. Kayla had a lot of fun with her friend. I hope they can be together again in the same class at school.


On Sunday, her actual birthday we took some pictures before church. I gave her a necklace which she's wearing in the picture but you can't see it very good. It has 3 charms, one is a K and the others I can't really remember. She saw it at Claries and liked it. For the past month I've been trying to talk her into getting her ears pierced. I got mine when I was 7 yrs old and she has friends with their ears pierced so I thought she'd be ready. I know she wants to but she's still a little nervous about it. Maybe next year.



Later that day my mom and my stepdad came over for Kayla's birthday. She opened our present which was a new backpack, 2 shirts, shorts, a cat Webkinz, a Webkinz kinz clip, and lip gloss.

Reading her birthday card.

Here she is opening a box of money from my mom.

Kayla with her birthday cake. I decorated it with a W for Webkinz.

Blowing out her candles.

The cake I made, it looks a little weird...the ring around the W is crooked because I made the W too big, oh well at least I got the colors right. She had a nice birthday, nothing fancy, just a simple fun weekend with friends and family. Next year will be double digets!

6 comments:

McKinley's said...

So fun to celebrate with a great friend! You look like Aunt Darleen in the pic with your daughter!!

Thatcher Family said...

Awh! How fun! Happy Birthday Kayla! :D

Lisa said...

Thats funny Toni that you call my mom Aunt Darlene. lol Yeah sometimes I think I look like her.

Jillian said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!!!
love Uncle Cody and Aunt Jillian
Congrats,
Only one more year and you'll be in the double digits!

Rob N Amy said...

Looks like fun. Lisa you are looking really good. Have you lost weight?

Lacey said...

What a fun way to spend her birthday!!! She must really love webkinz!! ;) And Sedona looks so awesome! We will definitely have to add it to our list of things to do.