Monday, October 26, 2009

The Arizona State Fair!

We went to the Arizona State Fair last Friday and we had a great time! The weather was beautiful! It was a discount day so admission was 1/2 off and the rides and games were a dollar and some of the food was a dollar too! The girls rode a few rides, there favorite was the Ferris Wheel! There were 2 huge Ferris Wheels and we rode on the tallest one! At first they were nervous about it but once we went up to the top, they thought it was so awesome to be able to see everything down below...I just wish I thought of taking a picture! We looked through all the exhibits but we skipped the animals because we ran out of time. We had plans to watch Figure 8 car racing later that evening so we wanted to get there kinda early to get a good seat.

Kayla enjoying a HUGE snow cone!

As you can see, Samantha spilled some of her snow cone, it was just too big for her!

Jake wearing his MANLY green shirt! haha I don't really like this shirt, so I always pick on him for wearing it!

This ride reminded me of the Dumbo ride at Disneyland but its smaller and doesn't go as high.

The girls played on this fun house. They went through 2 of them and this one was the best one. The other one lasted about 5 seconds, I told them it would be real short but they didn't listen to me.

Wheeeee! She looks so funny coming down this slide! LOL

Kayla practicing her farmer skills! haha Its not a real cow!

Samantha squirted a little "milk" on her shorts!

We had fun looking at ourselves in these crazy mirrors! We look like Oompa Loompas in this one!

Kayla, Samantha and I went down this really tall slide. It was a lot of fun!

Woohoo!

Samantha rode the carousel

Round and round we go!

Watching Figure 8 car racing!
I took this short video and as you can see the cars come really close to crashing into eachother in the middle! Later on there were some crashes, thankfully no injuries.

2 comments:

Rob N Amy said...

That looks like so much fun!I didn't know that there were half price days. I will have to find out when those days are. But we probably won't make it this year anyways. So busy and too broke.

Brent and Haley said...

I didn't realize the state fair was still a safe place to go. I guess you have to go during the day on a weekday. I'm so glad you went and had such a blast with your family! Lucky!